We provide and distributes safe and affordable water to communities in Southeastern South Dakota.
South Lincoln Rural Water System, Inc. is a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation, receiving its Article of Incorporation from the State of South Dakota on December 21, 1976. The organization was funded by Rural Development and State Agencies and led by an eleven person board with a vision and determination to provide a safe and reliable source of water for their rural residence, farms and livestock. That vision was realized when South Lincoln started delivering water to its members in 1980.
Since its humble beginning, South Lincoln now has over a 1000 miles of pipeline and delivers water to over 1825 members throughout the four counties of Minnehaha, Turner, Lincoln and Union. In addition to its rural membership, South Lincoln provides bulk water to the residences living in the communities of Alcester, Chancellor, Worthing, and Fairview.
South Lincoln is also vested in Agri-Business. We provide POET Bio-refinery, near Chancellor, SD with its water for the production of bio-fuels. Additionally, South Lincoln has partnered with the City of Beresford and Lewis and Clark to provide water to Dakota Plains Dairy, one of South Dakota’s major milk producers.
South Lincoln is also one of the twenty original members that make up the Lewis and Clark Regional Water System that will when completed, deliver water to more than 300,000 people living in southeastern South Dakota, southwestern Minnesota and Northwestern Iowa.
Today, our challenges have changed, the faces of the leadership are different, but the vision of the past remains the same, that is, to deliver safe and reliable water to its members.